Prototype Metal Core PCB
MCPCB, Metal Core PCB, thermal PCB - whichever name you prefer, they are all boards which use a base metal material as the heat spreader portion of the circuit board.
Base metals in the MCPCB are used as an alternative to FR4 or CEM3 boards for the ability to dissipate heat away from critical board components and to less crucial areas such as the metal heatsink backing or metallic core.
Metal Core PCB Materials and Thickness
The metal core of the thermal PCB can be aluminum (Aluminum Core PCB), copper (copper core PCB or a Heavy Copper PCB) or a mixture of special alloys. The most common is an aluminum core PCB.
The thickness of metal cores in PCB base plates is typically 30 mil - 125 mil, but thicker and thinner plates are possible.
MCPCB copper foil thickness can be 1 - 10 oz.
Advantages of metal core PCB
MCPCBs can be advantageous to use for their ability to integrate a dielectric polymer layer with a high thermal conductivity for a lower thermal resistance.
Metal core PCBs transfer heat 8 to 9 times faster than FR4 PCBs. MCPCB laminates dissipate heat, keeping heat generating components cooler which results in increased performance and life.
Types of MCPCB (Metal core PCB)
Metal core PCB are sorted according to the location of the metal core and the trace layers of the PCB.
There are 5 main types of metal core PCB and these are:
-Single Layer MCPCB (one trace layer on one side),
-COB LED PCB (one trace layer),
-Double Layers MCPCB (two trace layers on one side),
-Double Sided MCPCB (two trace layers on both sides) and
-Multi Layers MCPCB (More than two trace layers on every board).
Thermal Conductivity and Thermal Resistance
Aluminum is commonly used due to its MCPCB thermal conductivity and A lower mcpcb thermal resistance.
This is because the metal core PCBs are able to transfer heat approximately 8 to 9 times faster compared to FR4 PCBs.
The MCPCB laminates disperse heat continuously to keep the components that generate heat cooler thus enhancing their performance and life.
Metal Core PCB Uses
LED Applications & More
Applications that generate a large amount of heat often cannot be adequately cooled using just traditional fans. Conductive cooling through metal core PCBs are an ideal production option.
MCPCBs are most widely found in LED technologies, as they reduce the number of LEDs required to produce a specific illumination. Light emitting diodes release a great amount of heat in applications such as:
- Back light unit applications
- Street safety applications (streetlights, lighting, etc.)
- General lighting applications
- System automotive LED applications
- Power converters: telecom, industrial, high voltage regulator, power supplies
- Hybrid/electric motor control applications
Using a metal core PCB in these LED products and applications help to greatly reduce the heat emitted.
Other applications that are ideal for MCPCB integration are solar panels and motion control applications. We can also combine metal core with our HDI PCB technology. We also offer other advanced circuit technology including microwave RF PCB, Flex PCB and rigid flex PCBs.
Quick Turn Around (QTA) Prototype Metal Core PCB
If you want quick turn Prototype Metal Core PCB production; you want JHY PCB.
No matter when you need your Quick Turn PCB boards, we can make it happen. As a professional PCB Manufacturer from China,we can provide whatever you need...when you need it.
Prototype Metal Core PCB Manufacturer
The manufacturing process and design rules are similar to conventional PCBs. We provide Metal Core PCB Prototype fabrication and mcpcb fabrication quantities for both aluminum core and heavy copper PCB.
Thermal management PCBs or MCPCBs are processed with standard SMT assembly equipment in the PCB Manufacturing process.
We are ready and eager to turn your concepts into reality, from Prototype Metal Core PCB manufacturing to assembly.
Products & Services
- Quick Turn PCB
- Rigid PCB
- Flexible PCB
- Rigid-flex PCB
- Aluminum PCB
- PCB Stencil
- Multilayer PCB
Prototype Metal Core PCB fabrication
Certification(UL:E466618, TS16949, ISO9001.RoHS)
JHY PCB offers flexible shipping methods for our customers, you may choose from one of the methods below.
After production and testing, your PCB orders will be sent to our shipping department. As the quick turn PCB manufacturer, JHY PCB shipping department will ship your PCB quickly without any pending.
JHY PCB 's Packing Way
Whatever we do or whatever we think of is to make sure boards are shipped to customer safely and quickly.
- Use one professional PCB vacuum bag, with desiccant inside. Vacuum compressed totally.
- Paste label and RoHs mark. Use second vacuum bag to protect boards again, vacuum compressed, make sure no exception.
- Microsection report and Tin testing board are put together with PCB in cartons.COC (Certificate of Conformity) will be sent to customer by email in PDF.
- Several layers of thick EPE(Expand aple poly ephylene) are filled fully in gaps between PCBs and cartons. Thickness of 1 layer EPE is 10mm.
- Neutral Packing is adopted if no special requirements. Strong and thick cartons(Thickness:10mm,7 layers). Different sizes of cartons are designed to meet demand of different PCB size. All package are within weight limit of cartons. For mass production order, no exceed 21kg per carton normally.
- All cartons sealed with strong adhesive tape should be sealed twice so as to make them more durable.
- Solid PP/PET strapping is used outside of cartons.
- Shipping mark, fragile mark and postcode label are all pasted clearly.
How to ship your PCB?
- Firstly, JHY PCB shipping department will print order address and invoice.
- Secondly, JHY PCB will set the shipment information on the Logistics company website.
- Thirdly, the Logistics company staff will collect the package from JHY PCB and ship it to you.
With the purpose of better customer service and meeting the customer demand, JHY PCB provides following shipping methods.
JHY PCB is experienced in exporting. For PCB Prototype and small-medium volume PCB order, we have stable and long-term good relationship with forwarder, such as international express company DHL, FedEx, TNT, UPS. For mass production order, we have famous and reliable shipping company for support.
Q1: What is your minimum order quantity?
A: Our MOQ is 1 PCS.
Q2: Do you accept PCB design with different boards on one panel?
A: Of course, we can do different boards on the same panel.
Q3. Are my Gerber Files safe?
A: We protect the intellectual property for customers in the whole process. All documents from customers are never shared with any third parties.
Q4: What is needed for quotation?
A: Quantity, PCB Gerber file, Technical requirements(material, board thickness, surface finish, copper thickness, solder mask color, silkscreen color, ...)
Q5. How to quote shipping cost?
A: The shipping cost is determined by the shipment way(forwarder name, delivery days), destination, weight&dimension of packages. If you use your own forwarder, please inform us.
Looking for ideal Cheap Metal Core PCB Manufacturer & supplier ? We have a wide selection at great prices to help you get creative. All the Copper Metal Core PCB are quality guaranteed. We are China Origin Factory of LED Metal Core PCB. If you have any question, please feel free to contact us.
Product Categories : Metal Core PCB